Through this theme we aim to explore how to influence research funding and to enhance our international voice. Our CHEAD’s activities in this theme are set in close co-ordination with general trends in research assessment and research councils’ directions. For the period of 2012-15 our objectives therefore are:
- To strengthen our sector’s power to influence research
- To support the development of a cohesive sector infrastructure across research, research training and research methods
We aim to achieve these objectives through the following activities:
- To engage with key international research networks: our long term aim is to establish a dialogue for exchange and to explore joint agendas with international networks.
- To organise meetings and activities for the Gallery Network:
Our group of CHEAD member galleries is a network for mutual support to help overcome the isolation that gallery staff often feel. Moreover, we want to highlight the role of the galleries as a place of research and their contribution to the sector’s research infrastructure.
- To represent our members in the engagement with research assessment and government consultations related to wider issues of research funding. Specifically, we offer a long term strategy to help our members prepare for the REF2020.
- To provide training to help improve the quality of research funding bids from the sector.
- To convene a CHEAD Research Leaders’ Group. Similar to the gallery network, this group will be a network for mutual support and shared agendas. CHEAD Members may subscribe to the Research Alliance’ Network here.