Elections for CHEAD Trustees will be held at the forthcoming Annual General Meeting, held during the Annual CHEAD Conference in Sheffield on Thursday 28th March 2019, at 9.00am.
Two Trustee vacancies will arise at the end of the 2018/19 year.
Please see below links to the job description for the role of CHEAD Trustee together with the relevant nomination forms. The deadline for applications is: 6pm, Tuesday 12th March 2019. Ballot papers will be issued to CHEAD key member contacts attending the AGM on Thursday 28th March at 9.00am at the CHEAD Conference.
In order to stand for election a candidate must be the main or alternate representative for an institution in membership with CHEAD, or have received the support of the main / alternate representatives. We hope CHEAD members will consider putting themselves forward for the role of CHEAD Trustee or if someone at their institution would be suitable to forward the details to them and support them in their nomination.
Benefits of becoming a CHEAD Trustee
It is appreciated that Trustees are already busy people and will be contributing even more of their time for the benefit of CHEAD and its general membership. The Executive runs as a relatively informal group and past members have almost all said how much they have enjoyed their periods of office, that as well as making a contribution to our sector, they benefited in many ways themselves.
Some of the benefits former Trustees have reported include:
• Satisfaction of being closely involved in the strategic planning and decision-making of a national body.
• Representing their own institutions at the highest level
• Always having the latest information and news of the sector
• Being aware of latest Government and Funding Council Policies and decision making
• Invaluable networking opportunities inside and outside of HE
• Promoting their individual institutions
• Opportunities to speak to national and international peers
• Other professional opportunities, eg presenting and speaking at events, advisorial, involvement in case studies, consultation as a senior advocate, making useful new contacts
If you have any questions about the role that is not covered by the job description, please contact the Director of Membership and Operations Anna Maloney: email@example.com