- Association address
- School of the Arts
Loughborough University Loughborough
- Association phone number
- + 44 (0)1509 228 935
- Asssociation email address
- Association website
- The Association of Degree Courses in Fashion and Textiles (FTC)
The Association of Fashion and Textile Courses (FTC) was formed in 1977. Today, the FTC exists as an organisation to promote and develop fashion and textiles through academic debate, education and research.
The Association, through its networks has extensive links with industry, public and professional bodies and acts to advise on quality in educational matters nationally and internationally.
The aims of the FTC are to:
- Stimulate academic debate across the constituent elements of Fashion, Textiles and related areas, in order to main an informed and current overview of the sector;
- Provide a forum for discussion, support and dissemination of learning and teaching, research, practice and scholarly activity for Fashion and Textiles;
- Liaise with public and professional bodies to advise on quality educational matters and take a pro-active role in lobbying the interests of the sector.
The CHEAD Policy Briefing will take a break over August to return early in September when it is to be hoped things will have settled enough for new policy maps to begin to emerge. It feels almost fool …
The HE Art, Design and Media (ADM) sector and the world of policymaking are both changing fast and CHEAD is changing too. In response to consultations with our members, we are moving steadily towards …
There are many changes and challenges facing Art, Design and Media (ADM) research. CHEAD responded to the Stern Review of REF: Call for Evidence consultation following the Nurse Review and The Metric …