The CHEAD Research Alliance has the following aims:
- Advise and support the CHEAD Exec on research issues
- Identify key issues and provide intelligence
- Disseminate policy updates and submit policy responses on behalf of the Alliance
- Support research leadership and develop activities and resources to support researchers in the sector
- Advocacy within CHEAD’s networks and externally
The Research Strategy Group, made up of senior ADM research leaders and REF Panellists, meets regularly to serve the wider CHEAD Research Alliance, see the CHEAD Research Alliance Terms of Reference.
The CHEAD Research Alliance holds regular events for members of the network throughout the year.
Future Research Alliance events:
Supporting evidence for art and design research outputs, a practical workshop
Friday 29th November 2019, Coventry University
This workshop will bring together members of the Research Alliance to explore what should be included as supporting information and what shouldn’t in REF submissions in a workshop format.
The workshop will review the new guidance on supporting information and include a presentation from Professor Lise Autogena, Sheffield Hallam University, a practice-based researcher on how she articulates her research with specific examples relating to the REF submission. Delegates will be asked to bring with them an example of supporting information they have submitted or intend to submit as part of their REF submission. Delegates will then review the material against the REF criteria in a mock panel review.
More information and booking here
February 2020, Date tbc
See past Research Alliance events:
- Research Alliance Symposium, September 2016
- Approaches to Design Research, February 2017
- Next Generation Design Leadership, March 2018
- Graphic Design and the Research Excellence Framework, October 2018
- Exhibition or curation?, May 2019
- Bodies of work to support art, design and media outputs, June 2019
Contact us for more information.