In response to the Covid crisis, Research needs to be sustainable, inclusive and collaborative, generating new knowledge and solutions, and economic, social and cultural impacts, whilst supporting the delivery of the Government’s target to raise R&D spend to 2.4% of GDP and help to deliver the post-BREXIT Industrial Strategy.
The present landscape for art and design research funding is uncertain and many of the sector’s core funders have put established funding programmes on hold to respond to the immediate challenge of COVID-19 hit organisations and communities.
This symposium will bring together members of the Research Alliance to hear from core funders in the art and design research sector to explore the key challenges and opportunities facing research leaders and managers in the present climate.
Themes will include:
- Comprehensive spending review
- Research and Development roadmap
- Design and Innovation Strategy
- Creative Industries and Immersive technology
- Horizon 2020 and European Framework Programmes
- Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA). If UK is to become a “Science
- superpower” how will Art and Design align with this vision?
- The “levelling-up” agenda and place-based challenges and opportunities
- The SHAPE agenda: Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts for People and the Economy
- and a case study of a research funding bid