Focusing on effective leadership and structures of Art and Design organisations, the intention is to use case studies and a workshop approach to draw out experiences and respond to delegates’ challenges. Both processes and pitfalls in mergers between organisations and internal reorganisations will be tackled.
An expert panel of Art and Design education leaders will be contributing including
- Professor Mark Hunt, Deputy Vice Chancellor, University for the Creative Arts;
- Judy Glasman, Dean of School of Creative Arts, University of Hertfordshire;
- Dr Bryony Conway, former Dean of School of Art and Design, University of Wolverhampton and CHEAD leadership development programme leader;
- Gill Sandford, Dean of Faculty of Creative Industries, University of South Wales;
- Dr Angela Partington, Associate Dean for Academic Development, Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture, Kingston University;
- Kay Robertson, HR Manager, University of Hertfordshire.
In particular participants should gain:
- An understanding of how our sector has tackled institutional change through restructuring
- How our organisations can effectively respond to the current and potentially future pressures on HEIs
- An understanding of different models of organisation and their strengths and weaknesses
- Some practical sense of how to approach tasks within their own organisations of effective structures, roles and transitions during periods of reorganisation
The day is designed for delegates to bring issues and questions to the table for consultation from peers and from the panel. These aspects of the day will be regarded as operating in an environment of confidentiality.
Members / invited guests only.
To register for this event, please click on the link in the box below.