NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING: The CHEAD Leadership Complete Programme 2016 [PDF 199.7kb]
The CHEAD Leadership Programme of seminars has been running for some years. It is intended to support the development of the current and next generation of academic leaders in our sector. It is aimed at people such as Programme Leaders, Associate Deans and Heads of Department who may be seeking to further develop their knowledge and skills, as well as recently appointment Deans or Heads of School.
The focus of the seminars is key leadership activities through the lens of our subject disciplines. Each seminar takes place in a different Higher Education Institute, with participants having the advantage of exploring a comparable University, as well as forming a peer network of leaders and managers working in similar positions. The seminars are organized around key presentations usually case studies, as well as workshop sessions and participants are actively encouraged to bring current issues for discussion.
Participants can attend one or more sessions as relevant to their current and future activities. The cost per seminar is £175 per person and run usually from 10.00 a.m. to 4.30 pm for each of the days.
Seminar 1: Financial Leadership & Management at Organisational and Departmental Level
Download CHEAD Leadership Programme 2015 Seminar One [PDF 215.7kb]
The sessions aim to:
- Give an understanding of University level and Departmental financial sources, structures and management
- Enhance understanding of the relationship of management intentions and the use of funds
- Engage with financial management issues that relate specifically to running art and design departments
- Review real financial plans
- Draw on the experience of Director of Finance, Dean and School Finance Manager
- Share solutions by working with peers in similar positions
- Make the subject digestible to non-finance professionals
Outline (draft) programme for the day
Venue is School of Creative Arts, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane Campus AL10 9AB
9 December 2015 10.00 coffee for 10.30 start
Venue: University of Hertfordshire, hosted by Judy Glasman, Dean of School of Creative Arts
The seminar will focus on the big picture and framework for institutional financial operation; annual planning and resource management; context and future forecasting of income streams; financial aspects closely associated with art and design departments; relating finances to strategic objectives.