The CHEAD Leadership Programme of seminars has been running for many years and is intended to support the development of the current and next generation of academic leaders in our sector. It is aimed at people such as Programme Leaders, Associate Deans and Heads of Department who may be seeking to further develop their knowledge and skills, as well as recently appointed Deans or Heads of School. The focus of the seminars is key leadership activities through the lens of our subject disciplines.
Each seminar takes place in a different Higher Education institute, with participants having the advantage of exploring a comparable University, as well as forming a peer network of leaders and managers working in similar positions. The seminars are organized around key presentations usually case studies, as well as workshop sessions and participants are actively encouraged to bring current issues for discussion.
Participants can attend one or more sessions as relevant to their current and future activities.
The cost per seminar is £180 per person and run from 10.00 a.m. to 4.30 pm.
2018/2019 Leadership Programme Seminars
CHEAD Leadership Programme Seminar 2
Developing an excellent student experience
Monday 5th February 2018, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
Glasgow School of Art
Hosted by Professor Vicky Gunn, Head of Learning and Teaching, Glasgow School of Art
Forthcoming seminars in this series:
- Seminar 3: Teaching, learning and assessment: developing creative pedagogic practice and sympathetic organisational structures
- Seminar 4: Financial Leadership: Understanding different financial models
- Seminar 5: People and performance: hr leadership and management
- Seminar 6: Leading and Developing a Research Culture
- Seminar 7: Strategic Change and Change Management